Primary Election Tuesday: Get ready to vote
New Jersey’s primary election day is Tuesday. And while both Democrats and Republicans will see a number of names on the ballot, there are only a handful of races that are undecided.
For Barrington Democrats, there are two contested races:
- U.S. House of Represenatives, where incumbent Rob Andrews will face off against challenger Francis X. Tenaglio. (Details on this race from njspotlight.com)
- Camden County Freeholders, where the official Camden County Democratic Committee team of Jeffrey Nash, Ian Leonard and Michelle Gentek faces opposition from Michael Leonetti. Voters are asked to cast ballots for three candidates.
- Democrats are running unopposed in the presidential, U.S. Senate, county sheriff and borough council races.
For Barrington Republicans, there is one contested race, along with the presidential race:
- U.S. Senate, where four candidates are hoping to challenge Democratic incumbent Robert Menendez. They are: Joe Kyrillos, David Douglas Brown, Bader G. Qarmout and Joe “Rudy” Rulo.
- Presidential candidates on the ballot are Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.
- Voters also will be able to vote for a set of delegates to send to the Republican National Convention.