The most complete and most convenient source for news and information about the borough of Barrington, N.J.
In the wake of the resignation of Woodland School Principal Mort Argoe, the district has begun actively seeking a new principal.
The district posted a public notice for the position, asking for resumes to be sent to Superintendent Anthony Arcodia before July 11.
The notice reads as follows:
Barrington School District Job Posting
Middle School Principal Grades 5-8
* Must have a valid New Jersey Principal Certificate or eligibility
* Supervisory experience necessary
* Demonstrated leadership skills in the area of curriculum development, program evaluation, staff development and school improvement.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience with middle school curriculum
* Must complete criminal history record checks as per N.J.S.A, 18A:6-7.1 et seq., N.J.S.A. 18A:39-19.1 & N.J.S.A. 18A:6-4.13 et seq.
All resumes must be received by July 11, 2012.
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
Mr. Anthony Arcodia, Superintendent
Barrington Board of Education
311 Reading Avenue
Barrington, NJ 08007
(856) 547-5533 Fax
or via email to
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Barrington School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, English proficiency, socio-economic status, disability or any other protected classification.
RELATED COVERAGE FROM THE BARRINGTON BULLETIN:
– May 23: “Principal Argoe resignation accepted”
As noted previously on the Bulletin, the author of this blog, Mark Correa, is running for a position on the school board this fall. As always, I invite any of the other candidates to contact me if they would like to discuss any issues or use this blog to state their positions.