Barrington Bulletin

The most complete and most convenient source for news and information about the borough of Barrington, N.J.

Barrington officially without representative in U.S. House

As of Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Rob Andrews, D-Haddon Heights, will no longer be a the representative for our region. Andrews announced this month he would retire to take a position in the private sector after 24 years in Washington, D.C.

U.S. Rep. Rob Andrews marching July 3 in the Barrington Independence Day Parade.

U.S. Rep. Rob Andrews marching July 3, 2012, in the Barrington Independence Day Parade.

Andrews last week issued for following message, which includes details on how residents may continue to get services through the congressional office.

State Sen. Donald Norcross has been suggested as the likely frontrunner for Andrews’ position in Washington, D.C.


Last week, I announced that I will be leaving the United States Congress in order to take a position in the private sector. I am profoundly humbled and grateful that you have given me this honor.

  Over the last 24 years, your insight on the many issues facing our community, region and country has been invaluable. Serving in the United States Congress has been among the greatest of honors and I will cherish the countless interactions I have had with people of all backgrounds, parties and beliefs.

 Effective February 18, 2014, I am no longer your Representative in Congress.  Below you will find information regarding your ability to receive services in our Congressional District.

 Both the legislative and district staffs, under the supervision of the Clerk of the House, will continue working on any problems or matters you bring to the office. You are welcome to call, email or write to the office at the addresses on this message.

 If you already have a case open, you must give the office permission to continue working on your case, which the staff will then work to resolve. If the case is not resolved by the time a new Representative is sworn in, it will be passed to the new Representative. In the next few weeks, the Clerk will send you a letter detailing these procedures and provide you with a form to notify the office of your desire. If you want the current staff to stop working on your case, the office will return to you any documentation in your file. It will then be your decision as to whether to seek further help, perhaps from the new Representative or from your U.S. Senators.  Whether you want the office to either continue or stop working does not control the actions of the government agency involved in your case.

  Again, it has been and honor and privilege to serve as your Representative in Congress. I wish you and your family the best in the years to come.


  Rob Andrews  

Haddon Heights District Office
 515 Grove St, 3rd Floor Suite 3C
Haddon Heights, JN 08035
Phone: 856-546-5100
Fax: 856-848-3900

 Washington DC Office
 2265 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20015
Phone: 202-225-6501
Fax: 202-225-6583

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on February 18, 2014 by in Region and tagged .
%d bloggers like this: