The most complete and most convenient source for news and information about the borough of Barrington, N.J.
The Barrington School District Board of Education approved the calendar for the upcoming school year at last night’s public meeting.
Under the calendar, students will begin school Tuesday, Sept. 8, and continue through Thursday, June 16.
Board members discussed the possibility of closing school for the entire first week of November — when school traditionally is closed on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for Election Day and the annual New Jersey Education Association conference — and extending the year so the last day of school would be Monday, June 20.
In the end, however, board members decided the value of full days of school earlier in the year outweighed additional half days at the end of the year and maintained the more traditional schedule.
– Sept. 1-3: Teacher orientation; school closed to students
– Sept. 7: Labor Day; school closed
– Sept. 8: First day for students (half day)
– Oct 9: Half day for students; no other half days or days off in October.
– Nov. 3: School closed, Election Day
– Nov. 5-6: School closed, NJEA conference
– Nov. 25: Half day
– Nov. 26-27: School closed for Thanksgiving.
– Dec. 1-3: Half days for parent-teacher conferences.
– Dec. 23: Half day
– Dec. 24-Jan. 1, 2016: Winter break.
– Jan. 13: Half day
– Jan. 18: School closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
– Feb. 12: Half day
– Feb. 15: School closed for Presidents Day
– March 24: Half day
– March 25-April 1: Spring Break
– April 15: Half day
– May 20: Half day
– May 30: School closed for Memorial Day
– June 14-16: Half days; June 16 is last day of school.
Download the full calendar here: Barrington 2015-2016 School Calendar
The author of the Barrington Bulletin, Mark Correa, is also a member of the Barrington School District Board of Education.
Please be aware that I do not speak for the board in any way.
The thoughts, views and opinions contained within the posts on this site are mine and mine alone. And the comments after any given posts are the thoughts, views and opinions of the author of the comment. If you have any concerns over my objectivity or with the content on this site, please leave a comment or email me.